In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport, to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. Funding has been allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils (Year 1 and 2 at Rokesly) since September 2013. Funding is planned to continue for the next two years.
Schools can determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Sport Premium at Rokesly Infant and Nursery School
We use the funding to support these activities at Rokesly Infants:
- Sports Coach – HR Sports Academy provide support for Lunchtime sports activities and PE coaching for every year group
- PE and School Sports co-ordinator training and release time to monitor and audit PESS
- Professional development for teaching, support and lunchtime staff
- Purchase of new playground equipment
- Purchase of new PE equipment including replacement of large apparatus for gymnastics
- Organisation of regular enrichment events – Rokesly Olympics, Sports day, Big Pedal, Sport Relief and Rokesly Healthy Living week
- Subsidising some after school clubs to increase access for more pupils
Sport premium funding will continue to increase opportunities for participation in physical activity for all our pupils and improve their development of physical skills for PE and sport within the curriculum. We aim to provide children with the chance to experience and enjoy different types of activities at whatever level is right for them and maximise the impact that PE and sport can have in increasing their achievement and attainment. By funding coaching and staff training, we will ensure that the impact of funding will continue and that improvements to outcomes for our children will be sustainable over time. To see more detail about our use of this funding, and how we use this money to support our children, follow the link below